Boat cruise in Canary Islands
A cruise to the Canary Islands, to surf out of the crowd on Lanzarote and Fuerteventura
Canary islands are a perfect destination for surfing without breaking the bank or going to the end of the world.
Quality waves, warm water and after 3 hours flight HOP ! you are transported to an exotic and beautiful landscape !
If the destination has numerous spots that generally allow to surf out of the crowd from your Surfcamp, Axel and Harold from Destination Surf Team took advantage of one of their Trip in the islands, to find an original formula in Fuerteventura.
SURFBOAT FUERTEVENTURA. A cool Surf vacation way, perfect to discover the spots and the island by the sea !
Stop hitting the road to search for waves. You will be the first on the spots where the swell is waiting for you.
Surf cruise takes place aboard a large sailboat of 11 meters with full equipment (GPS, Radio , security boat to reach spots ...).
The program includes onboard accommodation, meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and a surf guide to take you to the best spots. Perfect for a Trip with several friends or family.
Winter in Fuerteventura and the neighboring islands of Lobos and La Graciosa, you'll find the best conditions for surfing, from September to April, even if the waves are perfect all year round.
We loved :
- The original way of a "Liveaboard" without having to go to the Maldives and Indonesia to have the benefit of a Trip by boat.
- Immediate access to the best spots. You are always the first in the water and you feel smarter !
- The pleasure of paddling to go back to your floating Resort and watch the waves from the deck of the boat... when other surfers paddle to the shore to reach their car in the parking lot !
We did'nt like :
- Seasickness can take you by surprise at any time, but the boys from Destination Surf Team are quite sensitive guys ;-)
- The disappointment in case of bad weather (very rare anyway) to reach a hotel lodging like all the other surfers, waiting for good sea conditions to come back aboard.
- Re learn to walk on land, after a week at sea, playing Robinson
Working for several years in tourism in France and abroad, Jean-Hervé Cristol (aka Jean Révé) also has a large number of kilometer mark traveling around Planet Surf in search of endless summer waves.
In 2004 he created Destination Surf, the first agency specialized in Surf Travel , then Endless Summer a blog with tips, info and travel stories, in order to enjoy and share this rewarding experience with all surf travelers. → Learn more